Sodexo Inc. Student Worker The Den in Syracuse, New York
Student Worker- Le Moyne College
• Serves food to residents using proper rules of etiquette
• Assists in clearing and resetting dining rooms
• May assist others in the preparation of foods and properly store food.
• Sets up employees work stations
• Maintains the food safety practices in all areas
• Cleans and sanitizes workstations.
• Interacts with residents on a daily basis
• Follow proper food handling procedures.
• Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
• Follow company and department safety, security, and loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow all compliance programs (e.g., safety and fire, hazardous materials and waste program, emergency management program, utility management program, medical equipment management program, infection and control).
• Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Follow proper lifting procedures
Policies and Procedures
• Ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Follow all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g., Quality Assurance, Safety, Operations, and Human Resources).
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with customers with a professional and polite demeanor.
• Respond to Customer complaints regarding food or service
• Working with Others
• Support all coworkers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees.
General Food Services
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas and serving areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
• Follows all Sodexo safety requirements within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Store food following company cooking and storage temperature guidelines.
• Eliminate cross contamination by processing and handling raw and ready-to-eat products separately.
• Report any employee, customer, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Security at the time of the incident and/or accident.
• Assist own and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to customers.
Dishwashing, Sanitation, Cleaning Activities
• Allow cleaned items to air dry.
• Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
• Collect dirty pans from the cooking line and transport to pot station for cleaning.
• Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
• Clean and maintain storage and stock areas.
• Clean and maintain sanitation areas and organize cleaning supplies including hanging up mops and brooms.
• Organize supply rack, including pots, pans, serving spoons, utensils, etc.
High School diploma / G.E.D. equivalent
Must be a student
Related Work Experience
No related work experience
No supervisory/managerial experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.