Sodexo Inc. Environmental Svc Attnd in Malibu, California
The Environmental Svc Attnd may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities, client requirements and applicable industry standards.
Cleans offices, patients /residents rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
Empties trash and garbage containers.
May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
May change sheets and replenish linens.
May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
No previous experience required.
Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
Good attention to detail.
Ability to work well under pressure.
Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work well alone and in a team.
Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
Certifications: Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Must comply with any dress code requirements.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility.
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/
Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
The Executive Center at Pepperdine University is currently seeking a full-time housekeeper.
With 32 guest rooms and sweeping ocean views, the Villa Graziadio Executive Center has a history of retaining housekeepers long-term.
Enjoy free parking and twelve dollars per day to spend on food at any of the Cafes on Pepperdine Campus; including Starbucks and Jamba Juice. Housekeepers also receive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Disability & Life Insurance), Sick Time, 1 1/2 weeks off work over the winter holidays and two weeks paid vacation.
Typical Work Schedule;
7am – 4:30pm (weekends required)
• Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times.
• Inspect room linens before placing in rooms and return below standard pieces to Housekeeping.
• Proper utilization of equipment, supplies and guest amenities.
• Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms.
• Daily changing of soiled linens on beds and remaking beds following the property standards and those set forth in the Green Program.
• Thorough cleanliness of rooms, balconies and room furnishings
• Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the Blood borne Pathogens program.
• Strict follow through on lost and found procedures (for example anything found in rooms that are vacant must be turned into Housekeeping Office directly). No articles should ever be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guests' property should always be exercised.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Responsible care of equipment.
• Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, to maintain accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms.
• Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
• Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
• Fluent English required
• Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
• Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
• Requires strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
• Able to lift at least 20 pounds.
• Excellent people skills.
• Must meet grooming standards.
• Meet/exceed customer expectations.
• Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
• An energetic personality.
Wage: Depends on Experience
Hours: Full Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.