Sodexo Inc. Facilities / Engineering Manager 2 in KENT, Washington
Sodexo Corporate Services Division has an exciting opportunity in Kent, Washington working with Alaska Airlines. The Facilities Engineering Manager will manage a team of 8 technicians and a number of sub-contracts. This position services the commercial real estate portion of the Alaska Airlines account. The commercial business currently consists of 5 owned properties in the Seattle area (SeaTac) as well as several leased locations in the Seattle area; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; and Boise, ID.
The Operations Manager is the second in command reporting to the Director of Facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintains and implements sanitary and safety conditions/training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
Develops a strong rapport with Alaska Airlines staff and promotes a partnership that fulfills their needs and expectations.
Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
Develops and/or implements business strategies and/or products for account growth and retention
Provides support regarding the proper implementation of operating standards and procedures, including distribution and inventory procedures.
Monitors performance against standards for Alaska Airlines satisfaction.
Develops and facilitates data analysis and training.
Visits and inspects all facility spaces at least once per month providing objective feedback based on operational standards
Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget.
Ensures that management team and staff have sufficient resources to perform their jobs and to meet goals and deadlines.
Documents and maintains operating procedures according to industry, corporate and client standards and policies.
Performs inspections and audits to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
Works closely with theDirectorin maintaining an effective workforce including hiring, discipline as well as potential termination of frontline staff.
Responsible for proper payroll accounting for all frontline staff.
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 77487
Relocation Type No
Employment Status Full-Time