Sodexo Inc. Floor Steward in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
The Concierge may work in many types of locations on client premises. Often one of the first points of contact in a Sodexo managed facility, the Concierge may be asked to fulfill many requests for a patient, visitor or other customer. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
Responsible for providing concierge services to patients, visitors, guests etc.
If in Healthcare, must comply with all Sodexo or client HIPAA policies and procedures.
Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
1 or more years of related work experience.
Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
Relies on judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Considerable knowledge of a variety of customer service/hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures.
A certain degree of creativity and problem solving abilities is expected.
Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
Maturity of judgment and behavior.
Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Must comply with any dress code requirements.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility.
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/
Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Role: The Floor Steward, Sodexo s onsite service professional, is a part of Unilever s Workplace Services team that provides excellent support via face-to-face interaction, phone and email. The role requires a continual presence at our client s location, assisting their employees with professional support during business hours. The Floor Steward will assist in the coordination of all of the client s hard and soft services needs.
The primary role will be to provide exceptional customer service to our client and to their guests. The Floor Steward will be involved with meeting room management, mailroom logistics, and interfacing with facilities and environmental services. This role is essential in building relationships with the building occupants and facilities management teams.
Additional responsibilities may include, but not limited to: monthly activity reports, tracking inventorying usage of supply closets, general building and service knowledge keeper (i.e. local restaurants and service providers, printed materials, IT assistance, etc.)
• Liaise with customers, specific floor attendants, a/v tech s, meeting schedulers, and various departments (food service, housekeeping, distribution and logistics, document solutions) for business-related needs.
• Promote meaningful relationships and drive brand loyalty through engaging and informed conversations with customers.
• Communicate and coordinate with Workplace Services Help Desk to ensure all resource booking and work orders are successfully supported.
• Provide high quality service face-to-face or virtually; project an approachable and professional image at all times
• Fulfil all customer requests and provide accurate and thorough results in a timely manner
• Utilize appropriate tools and resources to solve problems and provide solutions
• Monitor resource booking on a daily basis to ensure conference rooms are properly organized and stocked with appropriate equipment and supplies.
• Ask appropriate questions, capture information regarding requests and enter into “system completely.
• Conduct mailroom logistical services (i.e. delivery and pickup) to assigned areas.
• Monitor and resupply office supply inventories for assigned areas.
• Distribute designated forms (i.e. gym memberships, shuttle schedules,
• Establish physical presence (i.e. desk) as the Floor Steward in the designated building or unit.
• Spot inspections of assigned areas for cleanliness, organization, and for any facilities deficiencies. Enter Work Orders into Maximo to correct all deficiencies identified.
• Provide insight to employees regarding the services that we offer (catering, food service, retail, etc.) and promote upcoming events and happenings around the Unilever campus and surrounding area.
• Maintain current listings of recommendations for transportation services/options, hotels, restaurants and area dining. Track request for information by service line.
• Maintain directory of local services in order to provide guidance to personal questions, i.e. dry cleaning, car maintenance, florists, gift baskets, event tickets, etc. Track requests for information by service line.
• Keep informed about the latest trends and events in the local area; create and update written content when necessary. Create Monthly “Activity Calendar
• Attend comm cell meeting with operations.
• Share feedback about customer request trends and overall suggestions for improvement.
• Data management for Floor Steward Service Metrics Floor space usage
• Solicit and share voice of the customer and process in order to report out trends and suggestions for improvement
• Provide support to other arms of the business during slow periods.
• Self starter
• Time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Attentive listener and takes the initiative to ask questions so as to accommodate the client to his/her satisfaction
• Diplomatic and tactful
• Problem solving skills
• Detailed Oriented
• Superior organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Live Meeting, OCS)
• Basic A/V Skills
• Ability to learn new software programs & other technology as required
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
• 1-3 years customer service experience, ideally gained within the hospitality or events industries
• Project a professional and welcoming/engaging attitude, while making customers feel comfortable and able to initiate asking key questions to determine customer needs
• Open minded and receptive to new ideas, able to deal with different personalities
• Knowledge of facilities services industry and business requirements
• IT requirements: MS Office (2003 & 2007), internet, keyboarding, previous database experience
•Able to sit up to 50% of time
•Able to walk, stand, climb stairs. Stoop, bend, twist, squat as needed (up to 50% of time)
•Able to see, hear, talk
•Able to use hands to type, feel, grab
•Able to use arms in overhead functions, to reach, lift, carry
•Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds